The President of Georgia visited the Tsageri rehabilitated medical center today. After touring the clinic, Mikheil Saakashvili visited patients and talked to the medical personnel. The Head of State expressed interest in the health conditions of the patients as well as the general conditions at the clinic.
The insurance company “IC Group” invested up to 3 million GEL in order to fully rehabilitate the hospital within the scope of the hospital sector development program. The clinic was opened in December and has already received 53 stationary care patients as well as up to 2,500 ambulatory care patients. The rehabilitated hospital has 25 beds and is equipped with ultramodern technology. Patients can get any kind of medical care at the new hospital. The hospital has gynecology, pediatric, surgery, and laboratory departments, where there is up to 100 persons employed, mostly local residents.
The President of Georgia met with the population gathered around the hospital and addressed them today. The Head of State drew attention to the ongoing social programs, accessibility of the healthcare system and construction of new schools and hospitals. According to him, the main goal of the government is creating a better future for its people.
- The President of Georgia and the candidate for Prime Minister made joint statements
- Parliamentary elections are held in Georgia
- Saakashvili: The freedom and the future of Georgia will be determined on October 1st.
- Mikheil Saakashvili opened construction of the Kutaisi detour road
- The President of Georgia toured the newly-built clinic in Tetri Tskaro
Latest from Abkhazia Institute
- List of Victims of ethnic cleansing conducted in Abkhazia occupiers and separatists in 1992
- Address by the President of Georgia at the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly
- The President of Georgia and the NATO Secretary General had a phone conversation
- The President of Georgia and the NATO Secretary General held a joint press conference
- Mikheil Saakashvili held bilateral meetings with the President of Bulgaria and the Prime Minister of Denmark