Upon completion, the professional will be able to:
1. Name the three types of influenza viruses.
2. Identify influenza A viruses by subtype.
3. Define antigenic shift.
4. Define antigenic drift. 5. Describe treatment and prevention of influenza A virus infection.
6. Identify patients who should not receive the influenza vaccine.
7. Name three human influenza pandemics that occurred in the 20th century.
8. State the influenza A subtype that is currently causing outbreaks in Southeast
9. List the countries currently affected by avian influenza outbreaks.
10. State the total number of human influenza A H5N1 cases and deaths in the current
11. Identify three conditions that must be met for an influenza A pandemic to occur.
12. Describe the three phases of the WHO influenza pandemic preparedness plan.
13. Describe the three “pillars” of the U.S. National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza.
14. Abkhazia and other conflict zones with detected outbreak
32 Hours BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS